Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did Yoda Translate the King James Bible?

I went to a function at a local Baptist church a while back. During my visit I noticed a verse from the King James Bible that read:
"this do in remembrance of me." - Luke 22:19
I almost laughed out loud when I had the thought that it sounded like Yoda. It was then that I realized Yoda sounds more like King James English than modern-day English.

Then I found out that many Star Wars fanatics believe that George Lucas based Yoda's dialect off of the King James Bible. So, I decided to put together this list:
Top 10 Yodisms in the King James Bible.
Make sure you read in your best Yoda voice

  • 10 - "What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter." - John 13:7
  • 9 - "hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown." - Revelation 3:11
  • 8 - "I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye." - 1 Corinthians 16:1
  • 7 - "Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days" - Daniel 1:12
  • 6 - "Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus." - Acts 19:4
  • 5 - "without him was not any thing made that was made." - John 1:3
  • 4 - "When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them" - Ezekiel 1:21
  • 3 - "And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:" - Luke 15:29
  • 2 - "Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek:" - Acts 16:1
  • 1 - "this do in remembrance of me." - Luke 22:19

I still think the KJV is a better translation than the NAB.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home