Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moving Day


As you read this I am somewhere between Provo, Utah and Springfield, Oregon. I'll be driving pretty much the whole day, but I've got a snack bag, new CD's and two audio-books (including Harry Potter) so I think I'll be okay. I don't really have a problem with long drives, I actually enjoy them.

I am definitely not one for drama or prolonged goodbyes. Anyone who has been around me the past few days will tell you that. It makes me super uncomfortable, though that probably isn't the healthiest reaction. I am completely excited and stoked about this move, and have been emphasizing that. But I'm going to miss my family and roommates a lot more then I think they think I will, or then I guess I've been letting on. Like I said, I'm bad at this dramatic emotional thing, it just makes it harder. I'm great at being excited, but I can probably name on half a hand the number of people I've cried in front of, and on two hands the number of years its been since that. To me crying is a private thing, whether that's a good thing or not, and I hope they all know that me being excited is partly just to keep it that way. I am excited, I feel very good about this move and I will talk with and see everyone again soon, but I will miss them.

So do any of you have new place suggestions for me? For example, where are good places to find book/writing groups? What are some good ways to adjust to a new writing schedule? Anything like that, or any advice at all. I'm nervous, but mostly excited, and I am confident this will bring good experience and opportunities for my writing and life in general. I hope it won't take too long for me to find my groove, and in the meantime, happy writing!

Sarah Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home